Wow! Where has the time gone? I cannot believe Jesody is already 2 months today! It's crazy to think that just 2 short months ago we welcomed her into the world and brought her home. The first few weeks were filled with many ups and downs and lots of confusion as new parents but thankfully we now have a lot more under control.
We have now went from Jesody sleeping 6 hours at night, getting up to be changed and fed and then back to bed for another 4 hours to the last 2 nights she has slept over 8 hours each night! I'm not sure if it's just a faze or if she's actually now sleeping that good but we'll take it! The first night it happened Cody was worried. He woke up at 4:30am realizing she hadn't been up yet and wondered if she had been in there screaming and he didn't hear her so he laid in bed waiting to hear ANYTHING that might signify she was ok. Then at 5:30am he woke me up to tell me to hold the dog until he got back in the room because Chesney would wake her up if he went with Cody to check on her. He got to the door frame, heard her breathing and came back to bed. Of course, then we both laid there just waiting for her to wake up but to our surprise she didn't until 8am! Then she gets up, eats 5oz and then dozes back off to sleep for another few hours. It's amazing how much they can sleep in a day and still sleep all night! Heck, if I get a nap in a day I can't sleep at night! LOL!
Anyways, I'm sure most of you have seen the recent images on Facebook of her. I did an impromptu photo session here at home with her the other day with some of my AAGPBL memoralbelia (sp??). My great Aunt Rose played for the Kenosha Comets so I have her baseball card and she signed my glove when I was younger and then about 5 years ago or so Cody had bought me a sweatshirt that had been signed by a lot of players so I incorporated that as well. I sure hope someday she plays softball and loves it as much as I did.
Then this past weekend we got into the studio and had our first family pictures taken. We never thought to take any at the hospital, even though I didn't look the best, we still have no pictures of the 3 of us from there. Emma Jo came up to help us out and shoot the images for us and then I sat up tonight to edit them. My house is slowly turning into a Jesody shrine, but that's ok because I love to stare at her in amazement. She changes so much in a week that I catch myself looking at all the pictures on my phone that I take of her in a week and watch her changes.
On Friday we have the dreaded 2 month shots! :( I'm not looking forward to them but I'm sure she'll be a tough little girl. I'm excited to see what she weighs now and if she's grown, although, she still hasn't been measured correctly since she was born so who knows when they'll get that right. I think they stretched her really well in the delivery room because she's measured shorter than her birth length at both her appointments she's had so far! Ha!!
Well anyways, as always, thanks for reading and following our blog. I'll try to keep updating it but the minute I think of doing it, something else pops into my brain that seems to take over the current task of sitting down to write! That's being a mom though, right?!?!
M, C & J






No comments:
Post a Comment