Wow... where has the time gone? I can't believe Jesody is already 6 weeks old and I go in today for my 6 week check up with Dr. Yun.
It amazes me how fast life can change... one minute it takes you less than an hour to get up, get yourself ready for the day and out of the house you go... now it takes at least 2 hours to do something as simple as get ready and go because now Jesody is in the picture and life revolves around her. It's not a bad thing at all, but it sure does take some adjustment. Cody is still learning to adjust because, well, guys aren't moms... sorry men out there! Don't take this the wrong way, Cody is a GREAT dad, he just has some learning yet to do (and we BOTH learn more each day). He's definitely learning patience... it's a slow process for him but he's slowly learning. It's hard to grasp that babies don't eat and fall right to sleep when you want them to! Haha!! Especially when one week we're doing great and getting 6 hour stints of sleep and this week, we're only getting 4. Another thing Cody is slowly learning is that life has changed (for the better of course) but that 1 hour to get ready and go is easy for him still, but he is slowly learning that he needs to plan for more than an hour because all THREE of us need to get ready to go and as I stated earlier, it all depends on Jesody when we leave. So now he gets ready a little bit faster with time buffer so he can help ME with HER so I can get ready to go... like I said, he's slowly learning that, it just takes time... and a little moodiness from me. Ha!
It is funny though how parenting comes so naturally. I won't hide it, I was TERRIFIED to become a mom, that's why I kept thinking that Jesody would come after her due date because I was so scared but thankfully she came early and threw me right into my fears. It's crazy how one day everything is normal and the next day (or days) you're a parent to this little human. Not only has she changed so much in the last 6 weeks, so have we. We now know how to change a diaper in the middle of the night with hardly any light to guide us, the difference between crying and fussing and so much more. And of course the fun part for me, playing dress up every day with my little "doll". I remember folding laundry before she was here and thinking that newborn clothes were so small and yet she fit into them for the first month of being here and now she's in 0-3 month clothes and I can't help but want her back in the newborn clothes! I wish she'd just stay tiny forever! But like us all, she's growing each day and changing each day. She has lost a bit of hair on the sides of her head which makes me sad but I'm sure she'll grow it all back since Cody and I both have a lot of hair! She now smiles a lot more, not on cue yet, but once in a while I'll catch her in a smiley mood and get a few in a row. It just melts my heart.
But anyways, I just wanted to update quickly before I head to EC. I wanted to write more but this will have to do for now. I'll try to update again (hopefully) soon. For now... thanks for reading :)
M, C & J
No comments:
Post a Comment